ORDINANCE NO. 1683
THIS ORDINANCE PERTAINS TO THE ISSUANCE OF TEMPORARY EVENT LIQUOR LICENSE PERMITS AND ESTABLISHING REGULATIONS THEREOF.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF GOODLAND, KANSAS:
Section 1. TEMPORARY EVENT LIQUOR LICENSE PERMIT
- The City Commission may issue to a charitable or non-profit organization which is not the holder of an annual retail liquor license, but which would otherwise qualify for such a license, a temporary event liquor license permit allowing for the sale and consumption of liquor for limited periods of time on specifically designated premises within the City.
- Such permit may be issued upon a verified application filed with the City Clerk containing the following information:
- A copy of the Temporary Liquor License issued by the State of Kansas for the event or function for which the application is being submitted;
- The name of the fraternal or non-profit organization;
- Name, address and phone number of the president and other officers of the organization;
- The nature of the event or function for which the permit is requested;
- The specific location(s) where the event will be conducted, which need not comply with 3-207 of the Code to the City of Goodland, Kansas, as the use herein is temporary;
- The number of days or duration of the event;
- Such other information as may be required.
- Such application shall be submitted to the City Clerk at least five (5) days prior to the City Commission meeting before the event; provided, however, such time period may be waived by the Clerk when the nature and location of the event are of common knowledge to the City Commission.
- The temporary event permit shall be issued to correspond with the temporary liquor license permit issued by the State of Kansas in all respects, including but not limited to the site, date and time.
- A temporary event permit fee of $25.00 dollars shall accompany each permit application along with any other fees as required.
Section 2. This Ordinance shall take effect and be in full force from and after its publication in the official newspaper of the City of Goodland, Kansas.
PASSED AND APPROVED the 2nd day of November 2015, by the Governing Body of the City of Goodland, Kansas.
Brian Linin, Mayor
City of Goodland, Kansas
Mary P. Volk, City Clerk