There is a new ordinance for work-site utility vehicles, also known as UTVs. This new ordinance goes into effect on January 3rd, 2017.
In order to legally operate a UTV on the city streets, a tag and inspection will be required. The cost for the tag and inspection is $25. Inspections will be at 720 Armory Rd by appointment only.
To register your MUV:
- Contact the Goodland Police Department to make an appointment to have your vehicle inspected.
- Take your MUV, as well as proof of insurance, to the police department for inspection.
- Pay the annual registration fee of $25.
The registration plate must be displayed on the UTV/MUV at all times that it is operated on any street in the city.
To be registered for use on city streets, work-site utility vehicles, micro utility trucks and utility terrain vehicles must be inspected for the following equipment requirements:
- Head lamps
- Tail lamps
- Registration tag light
- Stop lamps
- Turn signals
- Parked Vehicles: lamps required; color
- Spot, fog, auxiliary, driving lamps
- Stop and signal lamps; color, visibility
- Windshield wiper*
- Braking systems for motor vehicles
- Horns and warning devices
- Mirror: left side of vehicle
- Mirror: right side or inside center
- Safety belts and shoulder harnesses
- Mufflers and noise suppressing systems
- Additional lighting equipment permitted; neon ground effect lighting
*In lieu of these items, googles, a helmet with face shield, or other eye protection is required by State law.
The ordinance is available <<HERE>>. A copy of the ordinance may also be obtained from the Goodland Police Dept.
Additional questions? Please contact us @ 785-890-4570 or use the contact form below.