ORDINANCE NO. 1709
CITY OF GOODLAND
AN ORDINANCE PERTAINING TO TEMPORARY EVENT CEREAL MALT BEVERAGE PERMITS, AMENDING SECTION 3-208 OF THE CODE OF THE CITY OF GOODLAND.
BE IT ORDAINED BY THE CITY COMMISSION OF THE CITY OF GOODLAND KANSAS:
SECTION 1. Section 3-208 of the Code of the City of Goodland, Kansas is hereby deleted
entirely and replaced with a new Section 3-208 which shall read as follows:
An individual or charitable/nonprofit organization may apply for the issuance of a special event retailers’ permit which shall allow the permit holder to offer for sale, sell and serve cereal malt beverage for consumption on unpermitted premises, which may be open to the public, subject to the following:
- A special event retailers’ permit shall specify the premises for which the permit is issued;
- A special event retailers’ permit shall be issued for the duration of the special event, the dates and hours of which shall be specified in the permit;
- No more than four special event retailers’ permits may be issued to any one applicant in a calendar year; and
- A special event retailers’ permit shall not be transferable or assignable.
- Temporary event cereal malt beverage permit applicants shall submit an application to the city clerk not less than 30 days prior to the special event at which cereal malt beverage is planned to be sold, served, or consumed. The applicant shall provide the information required for a general retailer’s license, as well as the following additional information:
- Description of the planned special event, including type, date(s), times, location, and owner of the property where the special event is to take place;
- Plans for security to be provided at the special event; and
- Any other information deemed relevant or necessary by the city clerk, chief of police, or governing body.
A special event retailers’ permit holder shall not be subject to the provisions of the Beer and Cereal Malt Beverage Keg Registration Act, K.S.A. 41-2901, et seq., and amendments thereto.
Each such permit shall extend for a period not to exceed seven consecutive days. There must be at least a five-day interval between the periods of the coverage for each such permit to any one organization.
A temporary event permit fee of $50.00 shall accompany each permit application along with any other fees as required.
SECTION 2. That this Ordinance shall take effect and be in force from and after its
adoption by the City Commission and publication in the official city newspaper.
PASSED AND ADOPTED this 21st day of August, 2017, by the Governing Body of the City of Goodland, Kansas.
Brian Linin, Mayor
Mary P. Volk, City Clerk