BE IT ORDAINED BY THE GOVERNING BODY OF THE CITY OF GOODLAND, KANSAS:
SECTION 1. NEW SECTION CREATED. There is hereby create a new section of the Goodland Municipal Code which shall be known as Section 17-321 “Private fire protection equipment; installation, equipment and fees.” and shall read as follows:
Sec. 17-321 Private fire protection equipment; installation, equipment and fees.
- Fees for water customers needing a fire leg for the installation of private fire protection equipment located adjacent to the City’s water distributions mains, where capacity required for private fire protection equipment is available, shall be as follows:
- $100 installation fee
- Actual costs for all labor, equipment and materials for the connection to be installed by the City.
- A preliminary estimate shall be provided by the City prior to the commencement of any fire leg installation. However, customer shall be responsible for actual final costs should it deviate from the preliminary estimate.
- The property owner will be responsible for extending the fire leg from the point of connection at the water main to and throughout the building.
- Any persons, firms, partnerships, corporations, contractors, subcontractors, tenants or lessees who are not otherwise customers of the city’s water system desiring a fire leg installation shall be charged an annual fire leg connection fee of $60 in addition to the fees specified above.
- All fire leg connections shall be subject to an annual inspection by the building official. If service supplied is used for anything other than fire protection equipment, then consumption shall be measured and billed under the schedule set forth in Sec. 17-301.
SECTION 2. EFFECTIVE DATE. This ordinance shall take effect and be in force from and after its publication in the official City Newspaper.
PASSED AND ADOPTED this 16th day of September, 2019, by the Governing Body of the City of Goodland, Kansas.
Jay Dee Brumbaugh, Vice-Mayor
Mary P. Volk, City Clerk