The City of Goodland strives to continually provide the highest quality municipal services possible. That remains the goal during this unique time in our world with COVID-19 impacting numerous local, state, national and world events. Using this page, we hope to help keep our community informed about City operations and how they may be impacted — and impact you — until the this disease subsides. We will be doing our best to keep this page updated as quickly as possible, but please remember that information about COVID-19 is at times changing by the minute.
Confirmed Cases of COVID 19 in:
- Sherman County: 3
- Cheyenne County: 1
- Wallace County: 0
- Thomas County: 0
- Kit Carson (CO) County: 20
Status of City Operations:
- City Hall: Closed to the public. As an alternative to coming in to the office, please use the following:
- Utility dropboxes located at the front entryway and alley behind the City Office
- Go online at cityofgoodland.org
- Call us at 785-890-4500
- Only when absolutely necessary, call and schedule an appointment. Appointments should be made with at least a two (2) hour notice.
- High Plains Museum: Closed to the public. The High Plains Museum Fundraiser on March 28 has been cancelled.
- Welcome Center: Closed to the public.
- Public Transportation: Closed to the public.
- Public Parks: Open to the public. However, we do discourage the use of park equipment and park shelters at this time, as they are not being disinfected daily.
- Municipal Court: Closed to the public. Next Municipal Court date: June 10 at 8am.
- Utility Billing: In compliance with Governor Kelly’s Executive Order 20-05, the City of Goodland will temporarily suspend the practice of disconnecting utility services for nonpayment. In addition, late fees will be waived going forward until the Executive Order has been lifted.
- Solicitors, Canvassers, Peddler’s Permits: The City will temporarily not be issuing any new permits for nonresidents of Sherman County seeking to sell goods door-to-door or otherwise conduct business as defined in Sec. 8-301 of the Goodland Municipal Code.
City News and Information:
- Spring Cleanup: The City’s “Spring Cleanup” event, originally scheduled to be held in April, has been cancelled. We hope to reschedule at a later date.
- Only Flush Toilet Paper: Do not flush anything down the toilet other than toilet paper. Doing so can cause problems to your plumbing, the City sewer system, and potentially harm the environment. Items that should never be flushed include diapers, nursing pads, baby wipes, napkins, paper towels, facial wipes, grease, condoms, medications/vitamins, household chemicals, feminine products, cotton balls, Q-tips, and cleaning/disinfection wipes.
- Police Department Precautions: Click Here to See Press Release.
- Solid Waste: The City contracts solid waste removal services with In the Can, LLC. On March 23, Governor Kelly signed Executive Order 20-11 temporarily prohibiting Kansas waste removal providers from cancelling or suspending services as a result of nonpayment. Click Here to See the Executive Order.
- Mass Gatherings: On March 24, Governor Kelly signed Executive Order 20-14 temporarily prohibiting mass gatherings of 10 or more people — with several exceptions. Click Here to See the Executive Order.
Other Important Links to Follow:
- Sherman County Health Department
- Kansas Department of Health and Environment
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Sherman County Emergency Management
- Sherman County Communications
- Goodland Police Department
- Sherman County Sheriff’s Office
- Governor Kelly’s Executive Orders