The Infomation Technology department is responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of the City of Goodland’s servers, networks, and workstations, as well as maintaining the City’s websites.
The mission of the Information Technology Department is to provide the most innovative, highest quality technology-based services, in the most cost effective manner, and to facilitate the achievement of goals and objectives of each of the City’s departments.
DEPARTMENT GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- Provide effective technological support for computer systems, voice, video, and integrated data services to all city departments.
- Promote and facilitate the integration of technology to effectively meet the overall mission of the City using collaborative efforts through planning, programming, training, and consulting with all departments.
- Develop, enhance and manage the City’s enterprise network to provide high speed, transparent, and highly functional connectivity to all resources.
- Develop and maintain highly effective, reliable, secure, and innovative information systems to support each department’s functions.
- Facilitate the collection, storage, security, and integrity of electronic data while ensuring appropriate access.
- Promote new uses of technology within the organization through the development of innovative applications.
Joshua Jordan is the Information Technology Director for the City of Goodland. He can be reached at 785-890-4525.